At VetDB, we’re delivering powerful technology to build a healthcare system where veterinarian, animal, and owner can thrive. We’re looking for a UX/UI Designer to join our rapidly growing team.
Working at VetDB
VetDB is where your fresh ideas and general niceness will fit right in. You’ll be joining a passionate team who are building a new future for veterinary care (doggos, kitties, horsies!). Where we’re going will be fun, exciting, and ambitious. Our goal is to always remain on the edge of a new breakthrough.
Of course, that all means having great people on our team – and we’re willing to work hard to make sure you love working here.
At VetDB, we value creativity, candour, fresh ideas, passion, and dedication – and a healthy dose of kindness and ethical thinking. We’re all doing our part to foster an environment of respect, inclusion, fun and progression.
What is VetDB?
VetDB is the first and only digital healthcare data company of its kind. Our platform and apps allow busy vets to access services, handy digital tools, and complete, accurate health records at the touch of a button.
Our tech also works behind the scenes to verify and lock medical data to an animal’s microchip. That means our health records go wherever the animal does – even if they find themselves alone in the emergency room or the Ranger’s office.
The products we’ve developed are making a profound difference in the health and wellbeing of vets and animals alike. They’re saving overburdened vets precious time and removing any barriers to animals receiving the very best care.
What you’ll do here
You’ll be working across the Marketing and Product teams to ensure VetDB is a simple, seamless experience for our users.
- Guided by your knowledge of user-centric design, you’ll create an intuitive, seamless experience across our VetDB Portal, VetDB app, website, and Help Centre – optimising the experience for both iOS and Android of course!
- Ensure our UX reflects best practice for accessible design.
- Manage projects across departments to ensure all the important elements – design, functionality, branding and more – are carefully considered within your work.
- Keep up-to-date – and keep VetDB up-to-date – with the latest developments in UX/UI. We always want to be cutting-edge.
- Design user flows, mock ups, and wireframes – and over see their journey to prototyping and user testing.
- Produce digital assets like infographics, icons, and documentation.
- Ensure appropriate tracking is set up for any digital products, consulting Marketing and other relevant stakeholders.
- Help set-up automation flows for communications and onboarding, working closely with the Marketing team.
- Ideate, design, and help execute our in-app messaging system.
- Create ways for our users to provide us with feed back through the VetDB app and platform.
- Create processes for identifying and trouble shooting ‘sticking points’ within VetDB.
- Automate anything you can poke a stick at. We’re all about sustainable design at VetDB and we don’t want to be doing things the hard way when there’s a lazier (yet effective!) way.
What’s on offer
- Flexible working arrangements
- Healthy work-life balance (no unreasonable hours here)
- Beautiful Perth CBD office
- Free barista and social events through our WeWork office
- The opportunity to develop your skills in-house and through external training
- A team of genuinely nice people that love working at VetDB
- A chance to help shape a company into your ideal workplace
Your technical skills
- Qualification in UX/UI Design or 3+ years proven experience in UI/UX Design.
- A portfolio of professional UX/UI design work across web and mobile platforms.
- An expert in design tools including Figma, XD, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Lead planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lead Design Thinking / Service Design workshops and related activities.
- Experience with CMS platforms, such as Webflow.
- Experience working in an agile delivery team would be well regarded.