Business Development ManagerFull Time. Perth, Western Australia
Does the prospect of building something from the ground up excite you? Are you entrepreneurial, love challenges, and believe that technology can improve the world? Do you want to work on exciting projects while learning something new every day?Be a part of a highly motivated team that’s shaping and developing ahead-of-the-curve systems, tools and products that are empowering veterinary healthcare providers globally.
VetDB is a West Australian technology company that’s looking at healthcare differently.
Understanding the immense value that medical data plays in supporting an efficient and effective healthcare ecosystem, is knowing the critical importance of data’s accuracy, validity and availability at the point of care. Veterinary medical data practices are in poor shape, which presents a unique opportunity to make a significant difference. VetDB is on a mission to redefine how medical data is captured and managed. Our purpose is to improve the lives of patients and those entrusted with their care.
The products VetDB has developed are making a profound difference in the health and wellbeing of animals. By linking patients to their correct medical data, we improve clinic processes, eliminate data inaccuracies and promote health information exchange beyond the veterinary practice.
VetDB is working with leading vets and specialists automating their daily work with accurate, easy-to-use Apps and data integrations.
Being a Business Development Manager at VetDB
At VetDB, the Business Development Manager is pivotal to the growth of the business.
You will be responsible for connecting with, qualifying, pitching and setting high-intent appointments. You will work directly with our leadership team to identify high-value prospects and actively deliver outreach strategies (i.e. email, social media, direct mail and phone). You will work closely with strategic partners and support their efforts to convert their clients to VetDB customers.
What will interest the right candidate
- We’re looking for the perfect person to take the reins of a newly created role in business development to drive our sales and growth efforts.
- This role is for an ambitious self-starter, who’s entrepreneurial spirit means they’re able to work independently and have fun doing so.
- We are inventing, creating and learning every day. We are plotting our own course in unchartered territory, and this energises our team.
- Are you looking to break out of the mundane routine? Great! Things don’t move and change this quickly anywhere else.
- Our team is growing and collaborative.
- You want to develop your skills and learn new ones across a wide range of tasks and responsibilities.
What’s on offer
- The role is outbound sales and key account management focussed. You’ll work intimately with veterinary practices to support them in their journey to adopt the VetDB system in their business.
- Your primary responsibility will be to meaningfully contribute to the continued growth of VetDB by thoughtfully growing our presence in the local market.
- A cross-functional role, working closely with the product, marketing, and sales teams.
- Support strategic partners’ sales teams to maximise their efforts to drive VetDB customer acquisition.
- The role offers the chance for rapid career progression.
- Contribute to product development and offer improvements by providing feedback to the Product and Marketing Teams.
- Collaborate with other business units to elevate customer adoption as well as address product development opportunities.
- Drive adoption and growth of VetDB products by highlighting feature opportunities, winning use cases, and relevant strategies to engage customers.
- Flexible, high energy working environment.
- Perth CBD office.
What you will bring
- 5+ years of business development/sales experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Commercial acumen. You possess a strong understanding of sales processes, strategic and innovative commercial awareness, and planning and negotiation skills.
- Planning and negotiation. You’re able to review sales and customer data, draw the right conclusions, and develop initiatives offering maximum value for both VetDB and the customer.
- You are tech-savvy, with the ability to pick up new programmes and processes quickly and accurately.
- You articulate the technical features into business impact, and you can easily talk about technology to non-technical people.
- You are passionate. You love helping people and, most importantly, you’re passionate about excellent customer experiences.
- You are creative. You know there are many ways to reach people, and you’re creative in thinking about the best approach in any given situation
You are empathetic. Our customers are trying something for the first time; you can understand their concerns and are genuinely interested in helping them find a solution.
- Previous experience in software, medical or veterinary sales roles.
- An established network within the Veterinary sector.
- Base Salary + Commission + Bonus
- To be negotiated, with range based on experience